Trying to install packages in Solaris 11 EA
Jordi
2011-11-08 13:38:49 UTC
Hi all,

I'm plying with Solaris 11 EA, but I'm getting all the time this errors
when I'm triying to install some package:

***@solaris11ea:~$ sudo pkg install pkg:/***@0.1-0.151.0.1
Creating Plan |
pkg install: No matching version of slim_install can be installed:
Reject: pkg://solaris/***@0.1,5.11-0.151.0.1:20101105T060722Z
Reason: All versions matching 'require' dependency
pkg:/release/getting-started/locale/***@0.5.11,5.11-0.151.0.1 are rejected
Reject:
pkg://solaris/release/getting-started/locale/***@0.5.11,5.11-0.151.0.1:20101105T060219Z
Reason: This version is excluded by installed incorporation
pkg://solaris/consolidation/gnome/gnome-***@0.5.11,5.11-0.173.0.0.0.0.0:20110828T023717

***@solaris11ea:~$ sudo pkg install
pkg://solaris/developer/versioning/subversion
Creating Plan |
pkg install: No matching version of developer/versioning/subversion can
be installed:
Reject:
pkg://solaris/developer/versioning/***@1.6.5,5.11-0.151.0.1:20101105T053857Z
Reason: This version is excluded by installed incorporation
pkg://solaris/consolidation/userland/userland-***@0.5.11,5.11-0.173.0.0.0.0.487:20110827T221139Z

Obviously pkg(1) doesn't want to install those packages... but I don't
get why. Can someone point me put to the right direction?

Thanks in advance.
Shawn Walker
2011-11-08 15:37:08 UTC
Post by Jordi
Hi all,
I'm plying with Solaris 11 EA, but I'm getting all the time this errors
Creating Plan |
Reason: All versions matching 'require' dependency
Reason: This version is excluded by installed incorporation
pkg://solaris/developer/versioning/subversion
Creating Plan |
pkg install: No matching version of developer/versioning/subversion can
Reason: This version is excluded by installed incorporation
Obviously pkg(1) doesn't want to install those packages... but I don't
get why. Can someone point me put to the right direction?
The package system is trying to tell you that none of the versions of
packages available are suitable for your system -- they're too old.

That is because the EA release of Solaris 11 Express isn't available
from the public package repositories (pkg.oracle.com) as noted in the
download materials.

If you want to install packages, you need to download the repository ISO
images provided and provision them according to the included README.

-Shawn
Jordi
2011-11-08 16:11:56 UTC
Then shame on me, Shawn. Thanks for the aclaration and sorry for the noise.

:D