Changed disk controller -> drops into GRUB?!
Orvar Korvar
2011-10-19 18:39:07 UTC
I changed disk controller. Unplugged every disk, inserted another controller card, an IBM M1015. The disks are recognized in BIOS, and the controller card's BIOS shows up. But after that, I drop into GRUB and a prompt. That is all.

How shall I solve this problem? I am thinking of booting from Solaris 11 Express USB (have no CD reader) and do an import and export. Other than, I am lost. What should I do? Help?
Orvar Korvar
2011-10-20 12:23:37 UTC
Ok, the issue is incompatibility between IBM M1015 and Gigabyte motherboards. No solution. Just change mobo. :o(